REGISTRATION IS OPEN, CALL US AT
Top 4 Reasons to Choose Maingate Islamic Academy
1. Students Live Islam
- -We have a levelled Quranic Arabic program that starts at JK. Students focus on learning the meaning of the words in the Quran, corresponding grammar and tafsir. There is a strong focus on Islamic studies and tying the teachings into life in the West.
- -We provide our students with Islamic leadership opportunities. Successful student perform adhan, lead prayers and give sermons in our centers Mosque.
- -We are a not for profit Muslim organization and believe in instilling the Islamic value of social consciousness in our students by allowing them to give back to our society at large. We raised approximately $5000.00 for children with cleft lip in third world countries.
2. Academic Excellence
- -Our students have gotten into prestigious IB programs
- -Our student was named the top student in Ontario for the EQAO
- -Our students have won first place in inter-Islamic school Quran competitions
- -Our students have won first place in the Canadian National Spelling bee
- -Our children participated in the NAMF speech competition, Ontario Justice Education Network’s poster competition and other prestigious competitions.
3. Specialized Programming and Experiential Learning
- -We begin teaching French at Junior Kindergarten. Our French program is unlike any other program in Ontario in that we use French signing to help support our students in French.
- -We offer specialized programming above what the Ministry requires. Our programming includes, butterfly and duck hatching for the primary grades, habitat investigations for the middles grades and formal dissections for our intermediate grades. Robotics programs and scientist in school is offered at all levels.
- -Technology is integrated right into the classroom. There are computers in each class and iPads, interactive projectors and document camera’s for students.
4. Student Support
- -We have an average teacher to student ratio of 1:9.
- -We use a positive progressive discipline system that has been developed by occupational therapists.
- -Our schools supports learning for students with a diverse range of needs; we have resource teachers delivering the ‘Empower program’ by Sick Kids Hospital.
- -We have ESL teachers, a Speech language pathologist and a behavioural therapist on staff.
- Our guidance program is unique only to our school. Grade 7’s and 8’s receive 1 on 1 counselling to ensure that they get into the best high schools. In addition, career professionals are invited to the classrooms to share their educational paths with the students. Our students visit universities.